Avoca was a town in Assumption Parish. It was located near Bayou Lafourche about 4 miles south of Napoleonville. The Post Office was established on the Oakley Plantation in 1900. It was discontinued in 1951. Samuel M. Malhoit was the Plantation owner and Postmaster. The Malhoit family named the Post Office Avoca after the beautiful and famous Glen in Wicklow county, Ireland and the book “Sweet Vale of Avoca” by Thomas Moore.