Andrepont was a town in St. Landry Parish. The Post Office was established in 1901 and discontinued in 1931. Andrepont was named for the first Postmaster – Ives Andrepont. The population in 1901 was about 200 families. In 1909 Andre Andrepont ran a general store there. Fred Vidrine also ran a general store.
Andrepont was also known as Yost at one time.