Alsatia was a town in East Carroll Parish near the Mississippi River. It was also the location of the Alsatia Cotton Plantation owned by Jacob Stein. Alsatia was also a railroad stop on the St Louis, Iron Mountain & Southern Railroad that ran from Arkansas to Alsatia to St. Joseph, LA.
The Post Office was established in 1901 and discontinued in 1945. Jacob Stein was the first Postmaster. The population was about 500 in 1910. Named for the Province of Alsace in France where some of the original settlers came.