Aloha was a town in Grant Parish near the Red River and about 7 miles from Colfax. The first Post Office was established in 1904 as Alaha. But it was changed to Aloha that same year. James R. Miller was the first Postmaster. The Aloha Post Office was discontinued in 1922. Aloha was named by a Railroad official for the popular Hawaiian greeting.