Alabama or Alabama Landing was a town and steamboat landing in Union Parish on the Ouachita River. By 1830, Alabama Landing was a center for passengers coming to Union Parish or going northwest. During this period, four large warehouses were constructed. for storing cotton and farm products heading south. The town was named after the many settlers from Alabama and the Alabama Indians in the area.
The Post Office was established in 1879 and discontinued in 1882. Lewis G. Campbell was the Postmaster.